Aged Parent visa (subclass 804)
Aged Parent visa allows aged parents to remain in Australia permanently, with their children who are living in Australia.
Basic requirements for this visa are:
- The applicant must be old enough to be granted an Australian aged pension. (at least 65 years of age, may vary slightly for women)
- Must have children in Australia who are Australian citizens or Permanent Residents.
- must pass the “balance of family” test. Balance of family test requires that you have more children permanently settled in Australia than any other single overseas country.
- Be sponsored by their child who must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Sponsor must also be prepared to provide you with an Assurance of Support.
This visa can be applied from onshore or offshore. This visa allows you to permanently live, work and study in Australia and also provides access to government subsidised healthcare and certain social security benefits.