OUR PARTNERS & MEMBERSHIPS
General Skilled Migration GSM Skilled Visa
What is Skilled Visa?
The General skilled migration GSM visa enables skilled applicants to live and work in Australia permanently. This visa is designed to meet the skills shortage in Australia. Skill select program requires applicants to lodge an EOI and be invited to apply for this visa. This visa is available for both onshore and offshore applicants. This program works on a points basis with threshold points required for the different visa categories.
Who can get a Skilled Visa?
SkillSelect – is an online service that enables skilled workers, business people and investors interested in migrating to Australia to record their details to be considered for a relevant visa through an Expression of Interest.
- under the age of 45
- meet threshold points score. Points can be claimed in areas related to age, English language ability, specific work experience, spouse skills and other categories.
- have an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list
- apply for an Expression of Interest EOI
- be invited to apply for this visa
- have relevant work experience post qualification
- have an appropriate skill assessment
- meet English language requirement, exempt from the English requirement if you are a passport holder of the following countries: United Kingdom, United States, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland
- meet health and character requirement
- meet additional criteria of the stream in which you are applying for
This visa requires you to first obtain a successful skills assessment in your nominated occupation from the appropriate occupation list prior to making application for EOI.
What are the Streams under GSM visa?
Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) visa – for applicants who nominate an occupation on the medium-term list, you do not need sponsorship to apply for this visa. You can live in any part of Australia once the visa is granted.
Skilled – Nominated (Subclass 190) visa – for applicants who nominate an occupation on the short-term list and have obtained a nomination from a state government. Once the visa is granted you must live and work in the nominating state.
Skilled – Nominated or sponsored (Subclass 489) visa – for applicants who nominate an occupation on the medium-term list and have obtained a nomination from a state government or an eligible family member in a regional area. Once the visa is granted you must live and work in the nominating state (regional area).
To be sponsored by a relative, an applicant’s relative must live in Australia and be either:
- an Australian citizen;
- an Australian permanent resident; or
- an eligible New Zealand citizen.
The applicant (or their spouse) must be related to their sponsor as either:
- a non-dependent child – including a natural, adoptive or step-child;
- a parent – including adoptive or step-parent;
- a brother or sister – including adoptive or step-siblings;
- a niece or nephew – including adoptive or step-niece or nephew; or
an aunt or uncle – including adoptive or step-aunt or uncle
New Zealand Stream – enables eligible New Zealand citizens with a New Zealand Special Category (subclass 444) visa to live and work in Australia permanently. Must have lived in Australia for at least the last 5 years, have started living on or before 19 Feb 2016
How long to process Skilled Visa?
The processing time is between 6-12 Months
WE ARE DIFFERENT
We care about you, your family and your business / career, as if it was our very own. That’s why we reject the cookie cutter approach to migration advice. Rather we dedicate time and attention to listen to your individual needs and develop tailored migration solutions and practical advice for now and the future.
HIGH SUCCESS RATE
We pride ourselves on our high success rate. As much as you choose us to represent you, we also are selective in regards to who we will provide visa services for. You can rest assured that we will not take on your case or take your money, unless we believe we can achieve a successful outcome for you.
Our experience and personalised visa and migration agent services allows us to complete your application with precision and speed. We are methodical in our ways of working to ensure nothing gets missed, documentation is requested upfront and applications can be lodged quickly.
CERTAINTY OF FEES
At AIA, we believe in being upfront about our fees, to provide you with long term certainty regarding all aspects of the migration process and to avoid any nasty surprises at the end. We provide value through differentiation such as writing customised individual submission letters for applications.