Child Visa

Child Subclass 101/802/102 visa

What is Child Visa?

Child visa enables a dependent child of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia. The child visa can be lodged onshore or offshore.

Who can get Child Visa?

Eligibility requirements:

  • be a dependent child of a parent who is an Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen or holder of an Australian permanent visa
  • the child must be sponsored by an eligible parent or their parent’s spouse or de facto partner
  • be under 18 years, a full-time student aged 18 to 25, or over 18 and unable to work due to a disability
  • be single and dependent on the parent
  • meet health and character requirement
  • meet additional criteria of the stream in which you are applying for


What are the types of Child visas?

Child Visa Subclass 101– be outside Australia when the application is made and when the decision is made.

Child Visa Subclass 802 – be in Australia when the application is made and when the decision is made.

Adoption Visa Subclass 102 – This is a permanent visa. It lets the child stay in Australia indefinitely. This visa lets children adopted outside Australia live in Australia with their adoptive parent. Department will not accept adoption visa applications for children who have been adopted in Pakistan. If the child has siblings who also want to apply for an Adoption visa, they must submit separate applications for each sibling. The child’s dependent children can be included on their application when they apply or added to their application at any time before the application is decided.

How long to process Child Visa?

The processing time is between 12-24 Months


Contact Us